Welcome to Pantheon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Coup de tat of Turkey

3 posters

Go down

Did you want the coup to succeed

The Coup de tat of Turkey Vote_lcap100%The Coup de tat of Turkey Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
The Coup de tat of Turkey Vote_lcap0%The Coup de tat of Turkey Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

The Coup de tat of Turkey Empty The Coup de tat of Turkey

Post by Indra Otsutsuki Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:23 am

Before I go on and give a moderately-lengthy speech on this, do you think that the coup should have succeeded? If so, then why? If not, then why?

I'll wait for others to respond before I submit my own opinion on this Smile
Indra Otsutsuki
Indra Otsutsuki
Diplomat - Knights Templar

Back to top Go down

The Coup de tat of Turkey Empty Re: The Coup de tat of Turkey

Post by Yui Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Well, it's difficult because one can see that they believed the government to be unjust. But more blood shed? Doesn't seem like the best way to go.
Yui
Yui
Gaia, Titan
Gaia, Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Indra Otsutsuki Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:34 pm

23:26:41

Lemme submit my two cents on this:

I don't like Erdogan. I don't like that he's bringing Islam into the governance of a secular [Or supposed secular] country. I don't like that his policies include the Islamization of Turkey. All of this points me to believe that his policies- if ever brought into practice fully- shall spell the end of the basis of the state Kemal Ataturk worked for.

At the same time, I DO NOT stand for seizing power via force. The main part about democracy is that it is a state ruled by the people. I have two options:

a). I let the armed forces seize power from Erdogan and his supporters via force.

And,

b). I let Erdogan continue his practices for now and let the people decide as to what should be done.

I'll tell you as to what I think is the answer. I want the people to know for themselves that it is wrong for Erdogan to bring in Islam and religion in general into the governance of a nation. But if all goes to hell and the people [Who are completely polarized on Erdogan btw] decide that religion being brought into the state isn't such a bad thing after all, I'd want someone to seize power, knowing that there is a possibility [And a high one] that the people themselves would make a martyr out of Erdogan.

It's late and I'm tired, so I'll continue this later.
Indra Otsutsuki
Indra Otsutsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Indra Otsutsuki Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Bump.
Indra Otsutsuki
Indra Otsutsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRahl2 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:42 am

What is it that you would like to debate? I would like the whole world to be a happy place with rainbows and puppy dogs for everyone. Sadly this is not to be.

I would note that you left off an option:
The coup partially succeeds and Turkey plunges into civil war.

As to your comments-
The result of the failed coup has been a massive seizure of power by E. So if you were hoping for democracy - you are getting the opposite.

LordRahl2
Diplomat - Mensa HQ
Diplomat - Mensa HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Indra Otsutsuki Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:19 am

Yep. Predicted that a long time ago. If you want to check out further comments given by like-minded people here:

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=34086

If you want to register [free] and contribute to this discussion and more [Pretty much talk about anything really], feel free to do so. They're a cool bunch, have about 13k members, and generally treat new members with respect unless you choose to be a spammer or shit-poster. [Shit-poster basically means posting without anything of quality included]
Indra Otsutsuki
Indra Otsutsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRahl2 Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 am

I probably don't need another forum =)

I will try to remember to post my tldr's here if you want to copypasta them over there.

Anyway, I would have preferred the coup to succeed with the full support, or near enough, to leave one institution functioning in Turkey. As it stands the potential for an actual balance of power in the wider region is extended out even further.

LordRahl2
Diplomat - Mensa HQ
Diplomat - Mensa HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum